Thursday, October 7, 2010

JC Day 4

It's Thursday, and I'm on day 4.

Food still tastes good, portions still seem really small... why can't vegetables taste as good and satisfy me as pasta??

Yesterday was discouraging. I'm spending the next few days with family at the cottage for Thanksgiving, so I had to "Come Out" of the Jenny closet and let them know that I won't be participating in the food and drink portion of the weekend.  My reception on this decision was less than positive to say the very least.  Here's how the conversation went:

" Oh....(pregnant pause... like, 9 months pregnant, not "Huh, I just missed my period" pregnant pause) well... what made you come to that decision?" (rude!) I explained that I was tired of looking this way, etc... then I mentioned that I wouldn't be taking part in dinner and bringing my own food, I heard another pregnant pause and then, "You should have waited until After Thanksgiving..." (psssst... still rude!)

So ass, to say the least.

My husband is supportive and my sisters and that's that.

I know for sure that this weekend's going to be a challenge.  There's not much to do but eat and drink and cook and clean the kitchen and take care of your kids... I get a little batty there sometimes.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment