Phew... thank God I went. Within an hour, I was set up and good to go. Meal plan, food and next appointment with the before and after pics... and the measurements, too.
Ohhh, but the scale. The fucking scale. It's one of those maniacal scales that are waiting for a nasty slob like me to spill upon it unassumingly. It's one of those scales that when you step on it, it makes you cry.
No, I didn't really cry... but the numbers that were posted on it were nothing less than appalling... overall I could lose 30lbs instead of 20. Depending on how I look at 25 off, I'll reassess, I think.
I went through a day of eating, and, as expected, I'm hungry. The food tastes fine.. no worse than a Lean Cuisine... I just wish my stomach would take less to feel full, and have it last that way... They said I'll likely be hungry for a few days... I find that hard to believe... I remember Alec Baldwin joking about dieting. He said "Yeah, dieting's great. There's nothing more fun than being perpetually hungry all the time." I believe him. I believe that I'm going to be perpetually hungry all the time, as well. But if I want to get this done, I'm going to have to adjust to the mindset that eating is not for pleasure or comfort or to kill boredom or soothe stress or for feeling full anymore. Garbage in garbage out. Right.
Right...
Gonna try to get a character profile complete before I get to bet tonight... and drink a bunch of pop and water.
Peace out.
No comments:
Post a Comment